Wednesday, May 19, 2010

good gravy

"Good Gravy" is my little term I use instead of anything ugly that tries to come out of my mouth. It is much better than the nasty stuff that tries to leak out of my unfiltered mouth lol. But Good Gravy the past few days have been rough. I have had the stomach bug or food poison or something awful!! I'm finally back at work today feeling better but soooo weak. Thanks goodness for my wonderful parents and my hubby who called me in some meds to make me feel better!!
I'm getting really excited about the move!!! Jeff and I have not moved in together yet but we are when school gets out for summer. This is a decision we made that was best for the kids since I will be home all summer and can help make the adjustment easier. We went and bought sheets for the beds and towels for the kitchen Sunday and it was really fun. He also bought lots of games for the game rooms or as he calls it "Nina I'm gonna teach you how to buy stuff you don't need at all". LOL I'm sure the kids will have a blast playing all the games I know I will!!!
So I did change my name and the adjustment to that has been not so easy. I am not called Nina Chandler except at my school, called Nina Thrasher in Haleyville, and Nina Long well nobody calls me that except cards I get in the mail. Jeff still calls me chandler lol!!! But I have changed my name and am going to change my name at school next year so everyone can get use to it.

So I have been struggling with positive thoughts here latley. I will not ellaborate on things that have gotten the best of me but I have been a NEGATIVE NINA RAE because of this certain thing kinda like a throne in my side wished it would go away but no matter what it's not going to so I've been doing some reading and found this little thing Im going to start doing to start thinking positive:Positive Thinking Tips for a Positive Attitude - Permanently


•First, focus on what you're thinking about. Remember what I said about being stuck because we never addressed the source? Our negative actions and words are coming from our negative thoughts. Our body, including the mouth, has no choice but to follow wherever our mind goes.

It is possible to control our thoughts, regardless of what we've been led to believe. As soon as a negative thought comes into your mind, purposefully make it a point to replace it with a positive one. (2 Corinthians 10:5) At first, this may take some work, because chances are, we will probably have a lot more negative thoughts in our head than positive ones. But eventually, the ratio will reverse itself.





•Second, stop letting other people's negative attitudes influence yours. This may mean we need to stop hanging around with people who do nothing but spout negative stuff. We can't afford to do this when our goal is to become more positive. The negative people in our life aren't going to like it when we stop participating in negativity. Just remember that birds of a feather really do flock together.



•Third, make a list of all the areas in your life that you want to change. List all your negative attitudes too. If you can't think of things to put on your list, just ask your family. I'll bet they'll help you make it a really long list!



•Fourth, take some time to write strong, life-giving, positive affirmation statements. Make a commitment to read those statements out loud every day. Enjoy how great they make you feel. Know in your heart that you're making progress, even if you can't see it just yet. Just keep affirming the positive.



•Lastly, take time to pray about this. You can't change by yourself. But you can spend time with the One who is able to help. Do what you can, and let God do the rest. It really is that simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment